Friday, 21 September 2012

The Love Between You and I (Lyrics)

These are the lyrics to the song we are thinking of using for our video:

The Love Between You And I
Jack Simmons


Maybe, maybe in a lifetime the ones that we will resurrect

my monument immortal but tarnished I suspect

that holds my generations failures put to song


           
 the jail cell holding all our years undone

                the passing of the time we killed when we were young

              the archives of our blessed few

          and all that they've done wrong or haven't done at all



    (chorus)

   when the longing in all our lives

fades as light resigns

away beneath the skyline
'neath the cities

our emptiness reads like a sign

with all the love between you and I



I'll mind my future as the sunlight tends to life

                though my divinity may the tightrope the sharpest knife

                  'cause I've got none of what lies above

               beyond the stars and sky, beyond the flight of doves


                   
(chorus)


 
 x2

 our emptiness reads like a sign

with all the love between you and I

  
Analysis:

  • General theme of the past throughout, but also reference the future.
  • I imagine using both colour and black and white shots to distinguish between present and memories.
  • Slightly negative syntax, matches soft rock genre. Slow motion could be good to use as an effect.
  • References to love (stereotypical of genre), but not necessarily boy/girl relationship e.g. could be referencing family relationships, which makes it easier for the listener to relate to, because there is more than one meaning to it.
  • References to past and future. Could do something with memories in the video.
  • I think a performance section for this song should be more the focus than narrative.


No comments:

Post a Comment